Misha's Kind Foods
Los Angeles, California • Full-time
About the Job:
Misha's Kind Food, Inc., is looking for a Logistics and Distribution Assistant, with a background in logistics or distribution within the food industry that is looking to grow with our company.
We are a certified B-Corp start-up. We are also OU Kosher, Non-GMO, and 100% Organic Certified, and we just won our first Nexty Award. We are building a strong infrastructure with a sharp team of hardworking professionals. Our culture here at Misha’s is supportive and cutting-edge, innovative, and constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in a multi-billion dollar plant-based industry.
Our company has successfully grown from a farmers market favorite to a product found in wholefoods and many other notable natural foods markets with distribution through UNFI, KeHe, and DPI. Our Dairy-Free Cheese is a favorite amongst plant-based and non-plant-based flexitarians alike. We are constantly innovating and creating more dairy-free products that taste and cook just like the dairy products we all grew up eating.
This position reports directly to the Head of Logistics, Misha’s Kind Foods, Inc.
Position Title: Logistics Assistant
- Maintain professionalism while corresponding with Misha’s team and customers.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workplace.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills must bring your A-game.
- Must be a self-starter, able to think outside the box and on your feet in a swiftly moving environment.
- Must respond to emails or texts in a timely fashion during business hours.
- Must have available reliable transportation.
- Experience in a logistics or distribution role preferred.
- Check email accounts daily.
- Respond to customer inquiries with professionalism.
- Communicate with customers and partners over the phone as needed.
- Undertake research.
- Raise invoices.
- Plan delivery routes.
- Manage inventory levels and fulfillment requests with our distribution partners.
- Manage pickup requests from distribution partners.
- Create spreadsheets, track orders/fulfillment and shipping.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with other departments on behalf of the Logistics Team.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- We are complying with CDPH guidelines.
- Covid-19 Vaccination is required.
- Degree in business or logistics related preferred.
- Experience in applying organizational and/or project management skills.
- Experience in working with food distribution companies preferred.